1. Johnson SW, et al. Ceftaroline. Place in therapy compared to the available intravenous cephalosporins. Infect Dis Clin Pract 2014;22:8–17.
2. Sader HS, et al. Antimicrobial activity of ceftaroline-avibactam tested against clinical isolates collected from U.S. medical centers in 2010–2011. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2013;57:1982–8.
3. King MD, et al. Emergence of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphyloccocus aureus USA 300 clone as the predominant cause of skin and soft tissue infections. Ann Intern Med 2006;144:309–17.
4. Shorr AF, et al. Assessment of ceftaroline fosamil in the treatment of community-acquired bacterial pneumonia due to Streptococcus pneumoniae: insights from two randomized trials. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 2013;75:298–303.
5. Steed ME, et al. Evaluation of ceftaroline activity versus ceftriaxone against clinical isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae with various susceptibilities to cephalosporins in an in vitro pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic model. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2012;56:2691–5.
6. Pletz MW, et al. The burden of pneumococcal pneumonia – experience of the German competence network CAPNETZ. Pneumologie 2012;66:470–5.
7. Shlaes DM. New β-lactam β-lactamase inhibitor combinations in clinical development. Ann NY Acad Sci 2013;1277:105–14.
Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Trautmann, Stuttgart